Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Tues. Update 10:35pm

Hey, everyone! Sorry, I have no pictures of Gracie today.. she looks puffy & has some tubes all around her..but she is doing good!  She really had a restful afternoon.  She's probably ready for a position change, she's been looking to her right for the last 24 hours (she does favor that side), but hopefully they turned her to look out the window. :)

She's still taking morphine for pain... she lets us know she's in pain with some small movements & changes in her breathing & heart rate.  For the most part, both of those have been good & steady for the day.

Gary just checked in with Emily tonight, her nurse.  Gracie is still at 5cc's/hour of feeding (although when we left at 5pm, the surgeons wanted her to go up to 10cc's/hour.. here we go again, back & forth on who's going to do what.. the surgical team wants to move ahead & the Neo's are a little more cautious.. don't worry, Gary will set them straight in the morning!  Let's have one plan, and if Gracie can accept it..let's do it!!)  Geesh!  This is why parents have to be such ADVOCATES for their babies!!  I'm just sayin...

Anyway.. she's having a good night & that's what's great!  She's a little fighter that Amazing Grace!!

Back home in Fairhaven, I read some awful news that a 29 year old woman, that many of us knew (acquaintance) passed this evening.  Her & her boyfriend were crossing the street (in the crosswalk) & was killed in a hit & run.  I'm so sad!  It's tragic even if I didn't know her, but I remember her as a woman who always had a smile on her face!!  Please say an extra prayer for her family tonight!  And I hope the person who did the hit & run turns himself/herself in.  RIP, Katie!

Okay.. I promised I would go to bed early tonight..and it's 10:41pm & I'm still not there..soo I'm going to sleep!!  I'll try to post a cute pic of our muffin tomorrow!! :)


Love you guys,
pattie & gary, gracie & maxwell!

No comments:

Post a Comment