Friday, November 18, 2011

TGIF..Daddy's back 1:24pm

Good afternoon, everyone! Gracie is 5lbs. 6oz; 108 days old, 42wks. 5days gestational.. she is doing well.  Last night, rumored had it she didn't sleep much at all.. we have to get her used to sleeping at night & being awake during the day.. (a couple of mom's I know who have left the NICU says it's hard to get them back into that night is for sleeping..argh!) .. we'll work on that!!

So, she is resting comfortably right now.  I read some books to her this morning, and she had two naps on me.  Then around 11:30, feeding team came in to try again.. she did 2 more cc's than yesterday..so she took 7 cc's by bottle!! Go Gracie!

Feeding by bottle!


Look at her.. she's wide awake taking that bottle, which is GREAT!! They said she's doing okay.  Marisa will be back around 2:30 to try again..and let me try, so I can try with her this weekend.. I don't want her to forget how to do it!  Most likely she'll go home with the g-tube (she can have continous feeds at night) & then we can work with a feeding team down at home regarding the bottle.  She is so precious!

This is what she looked like right after the bottle feeding!! I captured a cute expression!!



After all that sucking, breathing & eating..
Pretty good day today! I've stopped crying.. :) for the moment!!
We have a LOT to be Thankful for this Thanksgiving Season..

And will have the best Christmas Present EVER & at HOME, I'm sure!!




Love you guys,
pattie & gary, gracie & maxwell


p.s. Thanks to HH's friend at school for making another hat for Gracie!!

p.s.s. Daddy's back in about an hour!! TGIF, Daddy!! I'll be going out. lol.. if I was home maybe.. actually when I get home.. my 'girlies' better be ready for at least dinner & drinks monthly!! I'm just sayin................

No comments:

Post a Comment