Monday, November 7, 2011

Mid Way Update 3:26pm

First let me start by saying, "I can't make this sh**t up!".. After Gracie was wheeled down to OR 19, someone came to see me to chat about an 'incident' that occurred last night.  The evening nurse took Gracie's IV out & pricked herself with the needle, so in hospital fashion, they had to send someone to talk to me to ask if I would give blood & my health records to see if I had any infectious disease.  Really??? I was interviewed by the hospital person, but the bloodwork lady was taking too long to get up here, so Gary & I left.  And Margo, took care of saying, "I think Mom is going thru enough. She's been here since end of July and gave blood then."  They haven't been back since.  So we'll see.. (lol!)

Here are some pictures of the lighthouses Gary & I visited today.. it was very serene & beautiful.. and smelled like Fairhaven (by the water).. very peaceful.. here you go:

Bug Light Park Sign

Bug Lighthouse
This is the lighthouse that you see on alot of Maine postcards & such! It's the Fort Williams Park lighthouse!

Annie C Maguire Shipwrecked Here 1886



A view from Fort Williams Park













It was a very peaceful day!  We also had lunch at a chowder place down near the waterfront.  It was called Gilbert Chowderhouse.  We had chowder (very good), and fish & chips & clam cakes (made with real flaky clam) & fried shrimp!  (Thanks, Ma & Dad!!!!!!) &
(Thanks, Margo for the good tip to eat here!!)


Back to the hospital, an OR doctor called to say that the hiatal hernia was fixed & the nissin fundiplication was done as well.  He reported that Gracie was doing very well & they were going to put in the g-tube & fix her groin hernia & she would be done!  It's 3:39 as I finish this, and I'll write more tonight.

For now, they are leaving the NJ tube in her nose.. as they were not going to put a g/j tube in her belly.  The NJ tube was left in to feed her fluids & formula within the next 24 hours post surgery.  Once they know the belly is working (maybe up to 5 days or less), then they would remove the NJ tube & she could eat to the belly thru the g-tube; while we are working on bottle feedings for the next few weeks.  She was hungry before she went down, poor thing..sucking on that binky like there was something behind it.  We're in great hope this surgery is going to help her to continue to thrive & gain weight (which is everyone's main concern here, and of course ours!!)

They weren't going to do the scope down the esphogaus, because they felt it wasn't necessary.  Things are going well!!


Thanks everyone for checking in!! I'll write tonight!!


Love you Gracie girl!! Mommy & Daddy are so proud of how strong you are!!


Love you guys,
pattie & gary, gracie & maxwell

No comments:

Post a Comment