Saturday, November 19, 2011

Daddy's little Superstar! 5:44pm

Hi, everyone! Tried to post before, but Gracie wanted to be held & it was my turn.  All is well up here.. it's Daddy's birthday, and he got to spend an hour & half with her alone, as I went shopping to Target with my friend, Kelley!  Tonight, we are going to a restaurant called "Jimmy the greek" with J&K.. should be fun!!

Today, Gracie weighs in at 5lbs. 7oz.. and she took 10cc's from a bottle.. She did soo well..


So, because I'm with Gracie all week & Daddy's here on weekends only.. how do I encourage without being tough with him?? Any suggestions?? I know I'm a 'toughie' sometimes.. but it's not all about my way, I just think Daddy needs to learn from the nurses & not ME.. because maybe he'll find a different way of doing things, that'll be okay for him, but doesn't have to be the same way I do them.  You hear me moms out there?? It seems like we're struggling to communicate in here a little.. hmm.. maybe I need to drink a beer tonight! :) 

I have my list of ?'s going for next week for the doctor's..trying to cross my "t's" & dot my "i's" to get Gracie home in a few weeks.. I hope!!


I got to talk briefly with Ben & Emily this morning.. they just said "HI"
& Ben sang "Happy Birthday to Uncle Gary".. & did a fine job with it.



Okay.. chat tomorrow ..  Gracie is doing great.. settling herself down with bink & no binkie.. :)

Abby, have fun at your party tomorrow!! Wish I could be there!!



Love you guys,
pattie & gary, gracie & maxwell

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes you just have to let dad figure things out on his own. Often, dad's way works just as well, if not better, than mom's way. Let him find his own way, or else he'll be so afraid of doing things the wrong way, he'll become paralyzed.

    Don't worry, most couples go through the same thing, whether they have a preemie or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm often guilty of the same, but only because I can distinguish certain cries that DH doesn't always pick up on. I only know the differences because I spend more time with them... Not good, not bad, just is. Give Gary more time to come into his own rhythm with Gracie -- Maxwell will guide him if he gets offtrack. And hopefully he knows that your advice (and not criticism) comes from a place of love and respect.

    Thinking of you guys!!! :)

    ReplyDelete