Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Sweet Pea likes to be held!!! 6:00pm

Gracie & I had a great day! She definitely is acting "full term", my due date (officially-the 40 weeks) was this past Monday, the 30th.  But, "if" I didn't have the babies early, they would've been born at week 38.. but that's neither here nor there.. I say "full term" because she likes to be held.  And the reality is if she was born this week, I would be holding her alot.  So, I don't mind! It makes me feel like I'm in my own little world, I can get away with her in my mind and think I'm home, holding her on the couch. 

So, I was glad I didn't carry in the laptop today, because I would've never used it.  Between holding her, lunch for 10 minutes, 1 bathroom break (I know I really need to drink more water)..when would I honestly have time to use the laptop..other than having music on in the background...but I could always bring in our mini boom box & leave it there.  Then I had a couple of visitors stop by & chat too.. my friends, Mari & Kathy (they're employees of the hospital). So, needless to say, I didn't get a whole lot of pictures of Gracie.. but I got a lot of reading done.. reading, "Keeping Faith" by Jodi Picoult (thanks to heather!!).  It's small print, alot of pages & I'm half way done!

This is Gracie when I got in this morning.  Yup, in her Mamaroo!! She loves this thing!!

Then she must've sensed I was there..she started to fuss, so I held her this morning for 2.5 hours; and then this afternoon for 3 hours. She just lays so peacefully on me.. and I can give her lots of kisses from all her "fans".. and whisper sweet nothings in her ear.
Margo & Ann retaped her face & tubes, and she was not happy at all.  But the promise that I was going to hold her again, she was okay with it.

I just put her back in her isolette at 5:30, after diaper change & temp taking, of course she was bright eyed & bushy tailed.  I tried to take a good pic, but it was too dark in her room.


But this was from this morning too!

She is doing good.. sometimes she gets a little fussy, but like I tell the nurses..I think she has reason..first & foremost, she is a full-term BABY; secondly, she has a hernia, and third & fourthly, she has a tube coming out of her nose & mouth.. I think I would be a little fussy too.  I know the nurses can't sit there & rock her all night.  And I do know that she has to try to get herself back to sleep & console herself when I'm not there.. but guess what, I am there all day..and if I can hold her & read..and she'll sleep & be comfortable..you guessed it, that's what I'm going to do! I'm her MOM!! :)
A very good MOM day today!!  I could definitely see myself at home with her :).

Here's what else you need to know:
--there are 7 weekends left for Christmas Shopping!!
--there are creepy people EVERYWHERE!!



that's all folks
love,
pattie & gary, gracie & maxwell

No comments:

Post a Comment