Sunday, November 6, 2011

Sensitive Sunday 8:41pm

Hi, everyone! I know I'm late, sorry! Been a bit of a stressful and sensitive day.  I'll tell all.

Here's Miss Gracie in a cute onesie from Grandma Noni Pacella. Thank you Noni!

Soo, as in Miss Gracie fashion, she had one spiked temp earlier this am (like 5ish), and it was pretty high..soo they did a blood & urine culture to see if there was an infection brewing.  Unfort, the cultures don't come back for at least 12-24 hours (it's usually 48 hours for a complete panel, but they would know if something was 'growing' in 12-24).. & we watched her for the day today, and her temperatures were 'normal'.  She had a peaceful sleep all day; Daddy got to hold her for about 2 hours.
 (I went out for a beer with my sister, Thanks Theresa.. we had an enjoyable afternoon).

So, that's kinda where we stand.. wait & see. We're scheduled for surgery tomorrow am (not sure, some say 10:40, others 11:30a.m.).. we'll know in the a.m., and I will try to post at least once in the morning & then again tomorrow night.
Thanks to everyone who's texted me today, or emailed us sending your thoughts & prayers.  We truly appreciate it!!  I just hope this surgery is the answer to our prayers, and that Gracie thrives after it's done; which I'm faithful will happen.

On a side note, this morning we went to Gateway United Methodist Church up here.. Sara & Allen have been more than welcoming to me & Gary since our stay in Maine.  Sara visits me & Gracie on a weekly basis, and we pray together.  So, we finally made it over to their church, and I have to say I was overcome by emotion when I got there.  We had just finished rounds at the hospital with Gracie (& got the info about the temp), and just sitting at a new very casual church, (& it not being our own at home)..and thinking about all we've been thru, I was very emotional.  They've been praying for us weekly as well, and were delighted to see us.  I would definitely go back again.  I truly miss going to our service back home.. I know that my church family at Centre Trinity in New Bedford always have us in thoughts & prayers.. and we miss them!  Thanks, Sara & Allen for making us feel comfortable.

Okay.. I gotta go to sleep early tonight.. I feel tired & have a headache.  I need to be strong for Gracie tomorrow..

That's going to be me within the hour.. sleeping!! (Just no pacifier).



Love you all,
pattie & gary, gracie & max

No comments:

Post a Comment