Friday, November 4, 2011

Final Update Friday 9:55pm

Just a quick update, we finally figured out what was wrong with Gracie tonight at 5pm. Her oral gastric tube was plugged! Ugh.. I said something about it maybe being the tube earlier today (people, I am with her for 60+ hours a week)..but then at 5, when she started to get elevated heart rate again, they checked the tube.. low & behold it was plugged & the NJ tube was out of place. 

There's also like a 'zit' on her left arm that they started antibiotics for her tonight, just to make sure it wasn't infected.  Geesh! I'm telling you..what a frustrating day.

To make matters worse, a nurse (who shall remain nameless) added a very rude comment to the day.  Gary complained to the unit manager & as we were leaving, this said nurse said "I feel bad at what I said earlier".  I should've asked if that was her apology, but I didn't.  I did stand my ground and said to her that she should be careful how & what she says to parents. 

We talked to the anethesologist for Monday tonight.  So, we're good on that.  Gary signed the legalities.

Daddy just called & Gracie is very peaceful.. sleeping comfortably..  Thank God! She needs it!

Sunday morning is the biddeford bank breakfast (2nd one since I've been here).. very good & they wait on us! :)


Here she is before we left.. soo cute!! She's picking up her head now & keeping her eyes opened wide..
They retaped her tubes.. I hope they don't mess with it again this weekend.. it'll all be off on Monday anyway.. Please people.. leave here alone!! 




Thanks everyone for reading!
love ya,
pattie & gary, gracie & maxwell

No comments:

Post a Comment