Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Wacky Wednesday 10/26/2011 @ 12:14pm

It's not really Wacky..but remember when fun107 had Wacky Wednesday?? Or someone had it.. I don't know.. Wacky sounds like a 'good fun word' for today!

My baby girl is sleeping! She's very tired.. growing & gaining weight is hard work!  She went up 10grams on her weight yesterday.. she is still hovering at that 4lbs. 1oz.. maybe tomorrow she'll have the big weight gain.


Here she is wayyy back when..


I'm going to take a picture later today, she's sleeping & I didn't want the light of the room to bother her.  Madrinha Dalila & Uncle Joe are on there way up..they should be here in a half hour or so.  I'm looking forward to seeing them.

The surgeon came in for a visit today. And we are looking at Monday, November 7th for the surgery!  Maybe we can light a candle the day before for Gracie to successfully have the surgery & come out and start feeding & growing.  That'll be a week from Monday (Halloween), she will be 41 weeks gestational; and this gives her just about a week & a half to gain some weight, and get some good nutrients in her body.. to help healing after the surgery.

I got here early again..found myself not sleeping well last night, so when I woke up I stayed awake.  I'm reading a book that Josh (Will's dad let me borrow), it's called, "Preemie Parents.. 26 Ways to Grow with your Premature Baby".. it's rather good.

Trying to practice P.E.A.C.E (as recommended in the book):

P-the Power of intention is greater than any current reality.
E-everything is Energy!!
A-All things will move into balance eventually.  (This too shall pass & in 2 months from now, Gracie will be rolling on the floor at home reaching for toys!!)
C-Caring for myself precedes caring for anyone else.
E-Everything is exactly as the Universe intended it to be.

I'm okay with the PICC line going in today, I know Gracie has just had "bad luck" with the picc line & infections..doesn't mean her bad luck is going to continue.  The picc line goes in instead of an IV that has to be moved from spot to spot.  The picc line will also be able to accept a higher rate of fluids (sugar & proteins) to help her gain, on top of her formula. 

I had a pity party last night & got badgered about it by 2 people within 5 minutes of writing it.. Thank you, honey & Heather for badgering me!!  I know.. I know..  EVERYTHING is exactly as the Universe intended it to be.. it is what it is & it too shall pass... :)

Thankful for today:
Gracie gaining 10 grams!!
Dalila & Joe visiting!!
Being able to pay some overdue bills, & not worrying about it!



Love you guys,
pattie & gary, gracie & maxwell



No comments:

Post a Comment