Saturday, October 22, 2011

Tired Saturday 10/22/11 @ 2:38pm

Good afternoon! The internet on the NICU floor is working now..yippee!! But I think I'll only bring the laptop in a few days during the week, and read more in here..or sleep.  Like today, for instance, I am veryy tired!!  A nap is due in my near future.

If you look closely at Gracie's mouth she sucked out the OG (oral gastric) tube..it's that tube hanging to the left.. hee hee! They put the OG tube in yesterday as a way to empty her belly context, to keep her from throwing it up or causing d-sats. So far it's doing it's job, but now it's a balancing act to get her electrolytes balanced (that's the sodium & iron, calcium, etc.)  But she sucks on the tube, and sorta pulls it out of her throat.  She can rest comfortably if it's not in, but we need her to gain a little bit more weight in the next week before surgery.  Geesh!  Get all that??

I'll write more later..but today is a little uneventful.  Gracie laid on me for about an hour & half earlier..and she did great. 




Til later,
Love,
pattie & gary, gracie & max

No comments:

Post a Comment