Tuesday, October 25, 2011

3 Seasons in Maine??? thoughts for Tues eve 9:47pm

They're (I should be saying 'we') are expecting a little bit of snow on Thursday morning up here in Maine.. that would mean that I have officially been here for 3 seasons.. summer, fall, & now winter?? Really??

I need to go to sleep, because I'm bored..and there's not much on the laptop I can watch..and I'm just sitting around thinking.. and you know that CAN'T be good for me!

Congrats to baby Will next door, who is at 3lbs. 14oz.. he's right under Gracie.  I know she's had such a tough time with feedings, I wish they had caught this hernia back in September.  Yea, she would've been smaller, but at least we could've gotten better formula in her to help her gain weight.  Instead, we're doing that now. :( 
She hasn't had any dsats since Friday afternoon..so that's good! But, I just want her to grow & get strong..and of course have good nutrition. 

This is how I'm feeling tonight.. a little upside down!! :(  I wonder if I had stayed pumping would Gracie have had a better chance at feeding with my breast milk..but I just know that really wasn't working for me in my stressful state, and I wasn't getting anything with it.  I remember the lactation consultant telling me to take a drug that is not FDA approved.. my husband was like 'absolutely not'.. I don't know..I'm having a pity party for me & Gracie tonight.. think I should just go to bed!

My hope is that she gains at least 1 oz tonight... that's the first thing I check when I get into her room. And that the surgeon comes in tomorrow, the one doing the surgery, not the one just to hear himself talk (although he is a cutie :).  I just want them to get moving on this..so she can get better & more importantly start feeding.

My precious little girl!! She is such a strong little girl.. what a "Medeiros" for sure!!


I had dinner by myself in "la-la" land downstairs (the 14 year old was there going thru pictures trying to figure out her baby's daddy; the 24 yr. mom of twins is back.. I like her (but she does have 2 other children that are 4 & 5, that she doesn't have custody of. I hope she's back on the right track. Unfort, her baby boy is not doing so well & prbly has a bad case of CP), then there's the 14 year olds' mother.. )  They all asked me to have dinner with them.. UGH NO! No offense, but this really is my entertainment.. and Jessica came in & saved the night for me.  She's still going home on Friday with her baby.. wow!! I will be the long lasting one at the RmCd house then..  I hope the first week of December gets here soon.. that's my prediction of when we'll be home.



Okay.. gotta get some sleep.. it's sooo HOT in my room & my window is open a good 10"..

Dalila & Joe are on there way up tomorrow.. that'll be a nice visit!! I'll post pictures.



Love you guys,
pattie & gary, gracie & maxwell

No comments:

Post a Comment