Thursday, October 13, 2011

Rainy Off day 10/13/11 @ 8:09pm

Gracie had an 'ok' afternoon.. she was having a few more dsats, more than usual.. I'm hoping it was just an 'off' day.. hey, she's been great all week.. she's entitled to an off day.  Madrinha (godmother, spelled correctly Ma??) says that's just what preemies do.. so I have to trust that she'll be okay.  I do!! Just tough when she has a great week, then has as many d-sats in one day that she's had all week.
Here's Gracie (on left) when I came back from lunch.. I had to double check with the nurse to make sure she gave her the bink.. (she did!).. On right, I put her on her belly.. she loved to sleep today!! A rainy day.. everyone likes to sleep..including me!

Gracie is the oldest in our unit in the NICU.. (of course she is!).. I saw a baby leaving today, and wondered what that day would look like for us.. and I think I'm going to be sad!  I'll be happy that Gracie is going home, but sad I'm leaving here.. I mean geesh, we've been here a LONGG time; and this is such a part of our routine.  Kind of a weirdness to it.. just to believe that we'll be home with a baby.. trust me I want that more than anything..but you know what I mean.


Anyway.. Daddy's on his way back tomorrow morning.  Gracie is on 75% similiac preemie formula & 25% neocate; tomorrow she'll beon 100%.. soo that's great..we should start seeing lots of weight gain!

Til tomorrow.. G'night!


Love,
pattie & gary, gracie & maxwell

No comments:

Post a Comment