Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Fact 4 Tuesday. 10/25/11 @ 4:01pm

Facts for Tuesday 10/25/11:  Gracie has been off of Oxygen for 20 days!!! Way to go Gracie, girl!!

And you have 60 days left to buy her & I a Christmas Gift!!  60 days..can you believe it?? Geesh!  This year is going to be on-line shopping day.. on Cyber Monday for us!

Here she is from this morning, say Good morning Mommy!!  All wrapped up!  I guess she had an "ok" night..she was a little irritable.. (well you would be too, if you had a tube in your nose & a tube in your mouth; plus a hernia in your belly that makes you hurt :(.

Dr. Mallory is here.. ok he answered my 3 questions..like everyone else, every surgeon has their own opinion..let's just keep it to the 1st opinion/theory please!! All this other talk is unnecessary!!  Especially if it's confusing to the parent or parents & we aren't going to do it that way anyway.  (Dr. Mallory is another surgeon...this is a teaching hospital, you know..he comes around with his 'students'.. he's a cutie patutie) :)

Anyway.. Gracie is having a good day.. she laid with me for almost 2 hours and she needs to grow.  Nutrition was here to evaluate what she's taking in & how we can maximize for her to grow & gain weight.  I think we got it.. for the next few days, anyway.  No dates set for surgery yet, still trying to see if Gracie can gain some weight.

And here she is trying to spit up the tube...  She's cute, isn't she??

Well.. Susan (her nurse) is trying to get her to pee in a cup..okay, not a cup per se but a plastic thing that's taped to her clothes..so they can get a urine sample.  I bet you all wanted to know how they get a urine sample..hey, they tried to tape a 'bag' to her diaper & have her pee in that..that did NOT work!!

That's our day! Not sure what's for dinner til I get back to the house.. I'll wait around to see if our surgeon stops by, not sure though, cuz she's in surgery.  I'll write later..


My heartfelt sympathies go out to L.N.'s family & friends.   A wonderful man who leaves a legacy in the Fairhaven community.  He passed with esophogeal cancer this morning.  Many of us knew him.   And I was saddened to get the news.  I'm sorry.  May you rest in peace!




Love you guys,
pattie & gary, gracie & max

No comments:

Post a Comment