Friday, October 21, 2011

Random... Fri. 10/21/11 @ 8:35a.m.

A quick post before we headed to the hospital because I can't just leave my random thoughts inside me!

This was the conversation myself & Will's parents had downstairs last night, leaving dinner (which was amazing bbq night-pulled pork, cole slaw, mac & cheese, salad ;) yum).

Out of the blue... this 'girl' says ..girl is with her mom. (G-girl; M-Mom, P-me)

G=Guess how old I am?
Will's mom says, oh we can guess. Will's dad says "16"
P=20 (i only said that cuz i knew she had a baby..i was hoping a little older than a teenager herself)
G = no... i'm 14, going to be 15 next week & just had my 31week old baby last saturday.  We are in the 'icu'.
P=it's NICU.
G= oh .. yea, nicu! she weighed 3lbs. 12oz at birth, now she is 3lbs 6 oz.
Will's mom says, "both our babies are in nicu too"
G=Ohh.. really?? (like that teenager high pitched voice that drives people crazy).. ohhh..how much do or did they weigh?
M=The nurses were trying to give her encouragement with good stories.. and we had asked how many lbs. they've seen babies being born..like less weights.
G=they said that a baby was born early August that weighed only 1lb.. and she's doing good now.
Will's mom says, 'P..probly yours'
G=OMG, really.. how much did it weigh? (high pitched annoying)
P=I had twins, i lost one.  My daughter weighed 1lb. 13oz... (i was going to give her the #'s game Erin Brokivitch style, but figured she wouldn't get it..why waste it!)
G=OMG.. wow.. I love tiny babies..I want a tiny baby!

then she went into how the ambulance driver was FINE (her Mom said he was FINE as well, her & her other daughter were fighting on who wanted to go into the ambulance with this girl..so they could be around the FINE ambulance driver)..as the daughter, teen mom.. raddles off where he lived, I said "good night" & proceeded to my bedroom..


WTF!! This is the crazy shit I can't get over!  Many will say, "well the apple doesn't fall far from the tree".. I mean come on..I know teenage pregnancy happens.. and NICU is such an emotional experience for those of us who tried for years to get pregnant & had that emotional roller coaster; and now are in NICU with "birth plans" that we didn't plan.  This girl & her MOM for that matter are clueless.. Sorry teenage mom, but it's probably going to get worse before it gets better.. you have no clue! Just give your daughter some stability & love her.. and encourage her NOT to have a baby when she's a teenager!


My rants for Friday morning are over!! On my way to see Gracie..and Ross is coming up!! YEA!


Love,
Pattie (all me!!) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment