Thursday, October 6, 2011

Hard time getting to sleep.. 1:00a.m 10/6/2011

After Gracie's great week this week, I find myself really missing her tonight.  I'm still awake, it's 1:00a.m. on Thursday morning.  I've download some new songs to my itunes account, I've even started a Christmas list. (basically itunes gift card & other gift cards..I really need some new winter clothes); and I would like a membership to our local zoo for Gracie, and that's an easy gift for a family member to buy for her.

I'm already thinking about the holidays.  We are not big Thanksgiving people, there's only so many days in a row you can eat leftover turkey..so maybe we'll have omaha steaks & lobsters.  That sounds good.  But we'll definitely stay home.  (Thanksgiving isn't really thanksgiving for us unless we visit the in-laws in NY; and that won't be this year for sure!)  But we do have a lot to be thankful for..so we need lobsters & steak to help..I've just decided.

For Christmas, my family usually has a pretty good gathering..but the more I think of what Gracie has been thru.. remember how sad I was just a week ago when she was getting sick?? Geesh, what a 180 degree turn in a week.. she's doing wonderful!  I think we'll stay home this Christmas.  Drop off our gifts, get some cooked shrimp & other goodies for me & Gary..and stay put! 

Then I was thinking I can't wait for all the 'little' kids in my life to meet her..especially Emily, and Benjamin!  And Abby, Olivia, Jackson & Mady.. but with 'little' kids comes big germs, and I'm so scared for her to catch something..

This isn't why i'm not sleeping..it's not cause I'm sitting up worried of what's to come.. It's really because I MISS GRACIE.  I miss holding her right now, and I miss looking at her; smelling her.  Just being with her.. I can't wait to have her home.  (I could be going thru all the clothes that people keep dropping off)..

Okay..i'll try to go to sleep now..It's hot in here.. they definitely changed the a/c to heat.. whew..

G'night! til tomorrow..
love,
pattie

No comments:

Post a Comment