Saturday, October 8, 2011

Lonnnggg Day! Sat. 10/8 @ 7:28pm

It feels like it should be 9:30pm.. I need to start getting to bed earlier, I feel tired.  Gary got up around 10:30ish & we went to Denny's for breakfast.  Then back to the hospital to sit & visit with Gracie; who is still doing very well.  She's right on the cuff of gaining another ounce, so I hope she does it overnight :).  But if we look back to a week ago Sunday, she was only 3lbs... so she has gained 7 oz in a week, but we need to fatten her up so more.  Her formula has 24 calories in it, which is good for her.

We both held her today for about an hour each.  Kangaroo-d with me, and just regular hold with Daddy.  I'm trying to encourage Daddy to hold her 'kangaroo style'.  Thanks to Medina (godmother in portuguese) who sent up a little 'care package', and one of the books she sent up tells you all about kangarooing and how good it is for both mom, dad & baby.  The bonding is great.


















You can see her little finger holding my necklace here on the left.. awe!! And on the right, Daddy is holding her!  So precious!!  Good nurses on today, and it was a fairly quiet day.  We went to Applebee's for dinner.  Then to the store, Big Lots; picked up alot of $1.00 books for Gracie, and a couple of puzzles for Ben & Emily.  Also cheap frangrance free detergent, for my chore tonight of laundry!  Free laundry at the RmCd house, what a saver.

Tomorrow, we'll head out early to see Gracie for an hour & half or so, and then off to my sister, Theresa's house to see Ben & Emily for a luncheon for Em's birthday.  I want to be back for 5:00pm to make a halloween onesie for Gracie.  I'll take pictures!!

Congrats to Julie's twins on their baptism today!! :)

Thanks to friends Sam & Jim and their two children who visited Maxwell's gravesite today.  They didn't know where his site was, and the one place they looked they found him, so he must've lead their path.  The kids were able to blow his pinwheel & then Joy drew a picture for me.  So nice!!  Maxwell is working hard guarding over Gracie.  We know he is with us!

The Happy Family!


Finishing laundry & then going to sleep early tonight..


Love you guys!
pattie & gary, gracie & max

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for thinking of me and the munchkins!!! Posted some pictures on FB, and friends/family have promised to send all of their pictures (I'm a horrible mom and didn't take any pictures! Too busy participating in it all!). That's what friends and family are for, right?!?! Hope all is well on your end -- Gracie looks beautiful!!! I sent Maxwell some prayers to keep his eye on you, Gary, and Gracie, plus your friends and family! Lots of love to you all...

    ReplyDelete