Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Two Blessings Wed. 9/14/2011 @ 4:12pm

Hi, all!! Two blessings today.. my good friend Heather came up to visit us.  She came in last night, got in around 10, which means we were chatting up late.  Finally, dozed off around 1:30a.m.

We were up by 8:15ish..and saw Gracie, who looked good.  And the 2nd blessing was I got to hold her for awhile.  Sooo great to have held her.  I hadn't held her in almost two weeks.  She just nestled right in my arms, as Heather said, "she just melted right into my body".. soo cute!!  We got some cute pictures.. I'll post one.

Her white blood cell count is still up a little; but her cultures are all coming back negative, so their going with the infection is the pneumonia.  If I hold my hand to her chest/back, I can actually hear/feel the breathing; so still on antibiotics.  And as of 10a.m. she went up to 2.0 on the feedings.  She didn't throw up at all while we were there, but had two throw ups last night.  I don't know, seems she has more of those spells in the evening, I asked if that was a 'preemie' thing & they said, "it's a Gracie thing".

Her nurse today was Nancy.  Someone new..and she was great with me & Gracie.
Heather & I went to applebee's for lunch & had their awesome spinach & artichoke dip & a good burger :).  For dinner at RmcD house is chicken, broccoli & ziti in alfredo sauce..sounds delish...and I saw some cupcakes down there. lol.

Thanks for the extra prayers.. hope she continues to fight this infection.
Hi, to my friend Dave D. .. my old walking partner..I miss you!! Hope you are good..and thanks for keeping up with your daily reads to my blog :).

Daddy comes back tomorrow..we are very excited to see him!!  He won't recognize Grace.. maybe me too.. I've been walking to & from the hospital.. :)

Love you guys,
pattie & gary, gracie & max

No comments:

Post a Comment