Friday, September 16, 2011

Snug like a bug.. Friday, 9/16/2011 @ 8:35pm

Just me & Gracie checking in!! Here she is swaddled and on her c-pap! Look closely at the picture and you'll see velcro strips on the tube & resting on her cheeks, this is so the breathing tubes rest in her nose easier, and she won't pull them out.

I got to hold her just a little while today, her breathing was going down a little.  And this is my honest blog, sooo.. I was annoyed at my husband for chirping in my ear the whole time I was holding her, because her 02 was going down a little.  Geesh!  I'm trying to get him to "enjoy the moment" with her.. let the nurses worry about the #'s.  If the nurses, which eventually happened, told me that it was best that we put her back in, I did it.  But I talked to her, and whispered songs to her, and enjoyed the 10 minutes I had holding her.  Ten minuts is better than none..like it's been in the last few weeks.

Her feeding is up to 3.0cc/hr.. and she is doing well with it.  She's a beautiful, smart princess!!


Dinner was good tonight.. soup! Pumpkin soup was delish, black bean & chicken tortellini.. time to get those crock pots out & make corn bread & soup!   Thanks volunteers who cook us a warm comfort meal nightly!!


Love my followers!!
Pattie & Gary, Gracie & Max

No comments:

Post a Comment