Saturday, September 10, 2011

Gracie heard her Momma! Sat update 9/10-1:42pm

Gracie's a good listener.  She had a poop during the night, and hasn't spit u much.  The plan is to leave her at the 1.5cc/hr, for another day..just let her sail thru the day & that way they can get a better feel on how she's taking the new stuff.  She hasn't had many spit ups or d-sats.  They are going to try to ween her off the ventiliator.  She is on the lowest setting anyway, 21 (is room air)..and she only goes up to about 25.. soo when she breathes, she breathes good!!

We walked to the hospital from the RmcD house..good 4 blocks, so walked there & then back for lunch.  Now heading to a grocery store for a few light things, then will go see Gracie again; then back for a nap before dinner.  Nice house manager on this weekend at RmcD house, very chatty.. so I'm chatting!  She is making pasta with marinara sauce & meatballs, salad, & garlic bread for dinner.  Sounds good!  We brought up leftover chinese and had that for lunch.  Need to buy bread so we can make pb & j for lunch tomorrow and Monday.

I'll update tonight!  I'm feeling better than I did in the couple of days; I'm reading a book on "surviving the death of your baby", called "Empty Cradle, Broken Heart".  Yes, we do have Gracie..but I had a traumatic delivery & lost Max, and I think it's the whole process/delivery & end of pregnancy that gets me more upset sometimes.  So hoping this books just helps me to grieve & learn.


Happy Saturday! Enjoy the weather..
Love,
pattie & gary, gracie & max

No comments:

Post a Comment