Friday, September 30, 2011

The downs of the NICU :( Fri., 9/30 @10:14a.m.

Good morning! Gracie is not having a good couple of days, it's been rough for her, which is rough for her Mommy!!  I was thinking of Maxwell all day yesterday, as I saw my baby girl go thru some pretty awful d-sats (when she loses her breath), she usually comes right back on her own..but in the last 24 hours she's had to have more than 30 interventions to get her back to breathing.  I'm so sad.. thank God, my dear friend, Heather answered my tearful phone call.  She started the prayer circle for us.   I'm still scared.  :(

Today, the good thing is..she started finally sucking the binky!! (Watch out Abby!!, and Belle, too!!)  Before we came in the nurses, took a picture of her sucking her thumb like crazy, then put the pacifier in & you have to hold it, or like me I put her hand to hold it..and I have a GREAT picture of her..but I didn't bring my little card to upload the picture!

Good/Bad News (10:24a.m.):  Ok, sooo Gracie has an infection!!  The good part of that is at least we know why she's been spelling so much.. the bad news is it's another infection!  Please, please pray for her!!  At this time they will give her antibiotics and get her to feeling better.. we should see a difference in 24-48 hours.  I'm glad it came back something.. because it would be even shitter if we didn't know what it was!!

Okay.. need to go put her binky back in & set up her hand to hold it!  On a sidebar note, Gary & I went to Olive Garden for dinner last night & Target.. retail therapy is always good! (I bought 3 packs of wipes for home, at $2.00 each & a 100oz of Tide (safe & free) detergent for all of the baby clothes we are getting from people for Gracie.  (Thanks, Lisa!! And Thanks to Sissy & her daughter!!) 

Thanks to Liz.. someone I've never met..but have always chatted thru emails..even wayyy before I was pregnant & just trying to get pregnant!!  She knows just when to send me a really good email!!


I couldn't do this without all of my friends.. even those I don't know!! Julie, I'll post I swear of my 'thoughts'.. :) .. My mother in law always says I have good friends.. Thank YOU good friends!! (and my family, of course.. :)



Love you,
pattie & gary, gracie & max

2 comments:

  1. Sending hugs your way!!! You never really understand the whole "NICU is going to be a roller coaster" until you're actually in it! Taking so many steps forward and then so many steps back takes such an emotional toll! I will say that it does get better to cope with as she gets older and stronger...but its still hard!! You are doing so great! Hang in there and keep being the best mom you can be!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you and your cute little family every day, Pattie! Little Gracie will surprise you, I'm sure of it! If you need a stranger's shoulder to cry on, laugh with, or share a story, please don't hesitate to reach out. Keep your chin up, it will get easier, she's already made such big strides!!!

    ReplyDelete