Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Gracie's check in 9/13/2011 @ 4:37pm Tues.

Hi!! Gracie, we think, has pneumonia!! :( .. they stopped her feedings last night at midnight, because she had two big spells with throwing up & then 3 hours later had 6cc's in her belly.  They took an x-ray of chest & belly, and her right lung was a little cloudy, so they're assuming pneumonia, and none of her cultures have come back with anything as of yet.  We certainly didn't want her to get this, but I'm thinking the cultures may come back negative..she'll be able to keep the picc line in & just on antibiotics so it'll kick the pneumonia's butt!! :).

I was with her all day today... and I sang to her, and read stories to her.  She loved having mommy all to herself!!  She didn't have many d-sats today & I think she gets them more at night than during the day.  She was on her belly most of the day, which is her favorite position.

Weird words/observations from today:  I saw this girl in the cafteria today with her little baby..looked petite, and the baby (boy) was crying.. in good ol'fashion, this elderly woman sitting about 4 seats away looked at the woman & rudely said, "you don't feed him".  The woman said, "I took him home at 5 lbs. 5oz, he's just petite." And she laughed it off!  So, when I was leaving cafeteria I stopped in to see the little boy, and talk to the girl a little, just wondered if he was preemie; but she had said 'no', that he was just petite.  At 3 mos now, he's 9lbs 2oz. soo.. then she says, "His dad is African American".. I said, 'yea'..like so? I should've said, "my baby's daddy is caucasian"..lol
lmao!! Or I couldve said .. "like Eddie Murphy, I love black people"... lmao!! Just a weird thing for her to say.. :)

Tonight's menu is lasagna & salad.. not in a really big mood for lasagna..but hopefully it's really good!! :)

Lots of the nurses & peeps that come in Gracie's room think her hair is blonde.. i dont see it..lol..


Love you guys! Prayers for my Gracie to fight this pnemonia please!

Welcomes to Heather..who's coming up for a girly talk & visit with Gracie.. :) can't wait..we have alot to catch up on!!


Love,
pattie & gary, gracie & max

No comments:

Post a Comment