Saturday, September 24, 2011

Birthday Bash Saturday! 9/24 @ 6:33pm

HI! Gary & I were up early today, bed late..couldn't sleep :( .. we stopped & visited Gracie on our way back to Mass.  It was 7:30 a.m., so she was looking at us like "what are you doing here?".. She had an okay night, a few throw-ups, and just a couple of d-sats.  She looked beautiful so early in the morning!  Her weight is the same, she's down to 2lbs. 15oz.. soo the 3lbs 4oz was probably fluid.. but she'll get back up there, we're sure of it!!  She is on a diaretic to help with fluids..  & as of yesterday, she is taking zantac 3x's a day.  So, maybe tomorrow we'll see less throwing up.. hope the zantac takes away her acid in her belly.. Most preemies have reflux & unfort, Gracie is one of them.. it's just the throwing up part that sux for her!! :(

We were then off to Em's & Ben's birthday bash.. & what a fun, but very tiring time we had.  I miss them soo much!! Ben is turning 4 tomorrow, and Emily is turning 2 on 10/7.. she is getting so big..and was attached to Auntie Pattie.. I even went in the bubble bounce with her for a good 20 minutes, and bounced with her counting to 8..and she did pretty good counting to 8..big girl!! She was sad when I was leaving, cried a little, but then just turned & gave me a kiss...and she was off! :) It was soo good to see them, and play.. it'll be even better when they can meet Gracie.. I can't wait for that day!!

Today's doctor didn't go up on her feedings today, kinda wish they "pushed on" (as they say!) and went up .5cc's..but nope, he decided to give her a whole day to get used to the 5cc's/hr.. and they'll decide tomorrow.  Continuity would be good here..it's pretty frustrating.. and I know they're frustrating; but if one doctor thinks she's a "puker", and is going to push thru with the feedings, then they should be all on the same page..  So, I hope they go up tomorrow at least the .5cc's.

Tomorrow, we are heading back early with our friend Ross.  He will visit, and then Gary & he will return tomorrow evening.  I will have time to upload all my pictures from the weekend, promise!!

Thanks to my email friend, Nichole! Who had twins in March..and has been a HUGE support for me!!  I can ask her anything I want..especially with "adjusted" ages.. still trying to make sense of that..lol.. Thanks Nichole!  We'll have to meet up in the Spring.. :) because once Gracie is home, her & I will be in hibernation!!


Love you guys,
pattie & gary, gracie & max

No comments:

Post a Comment