Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Debating... Tues., 9/6/2011 @ 11:28a.m.

Hi, All.  We've checked out of Ronald Mcdonald; and our at hospital.  Today's debate is whether I stay, while Gary goes home to work, or I go with him.  Our favorite nurse, Margo is in today; and she practices in a holistic way.  She says that it would be just good "healing" for Gracie if a parent was here, but in no way was judging us or would judge us.  This week, I have to go home because I have my six week post pardum appointment with my OB down in New Bedford; but then I'm thinking next week I will/should stay with Grace, while Gary goes home for 2-3 days to work.

I know I can stay by myself, I'm a big girl.  But I think of the financial part of it, and do I want to stay alone?  I would only be going from the RmCd house to the hospital.  There's a shuttle and it's only 4 blocks away; so a walk here & there would only help my incision & wound.

I guess the fear is that I'm scared.  Going thru labor alone, and then thinking if anything happened to Grace while I was here alone frightens me.  Any thoughts??


Thanks all!
Love,
pattie & gary, gracie & max

1 comment:

  1. Hey Pattie! My thoughts are that you need to do what you're most comfortable with... The NICU is a scary place! Sadly, I know all about it, all too well. If you're not ready to stay on your own yet, then don't... Don't make this any more stressful on you than it already is! I'm thinking of you... If you need someone to listen who understands (and can talk you off the ledge, laugh or cry with you), please call me!!

    ReplyDelete