Saturday, August 27, 2011

Update on Gracie Sat., 8/27/2011 @ 8:44a.m.

We got a phone call last night at midnight that they had to intabate (sp) Gracie to help her breathe better.  She was put back on c-pap yesterday.  They are treating her for an infection, her white blood cell count was high.  Poor little girl!  The good news is we think she reached the 2lb mark :) yea!!

I'm so scared!! I feel so helpless! We are getting ready to leave this morning, without my parents.  I didn't think it was a good idea that my parents see her with extra tubes around, and that way we'll get up there & stay up there for the storm/weekend.  We are actually staying in North Conway, NH at our friend's condo, for a change of scenery.  Which we'll really need.

I just remember when Max was going thru his issues, I prayed all night; and I found myself doing that last night.  I know that preemies may get infections, but I don't want my little girl to be sick.    I'm so worried for her!!

I'll post after our hospital visit!!


Thanks Chuck & Lorraine for our change of scenery!!

Love,
pattie & gary, gracie & maxwell

1 comment:

  1. Pattie, i really wish we could all just give you, Gary and Grace a great big group hug. And of course Maxwell would be giving the greatest squeeze of all!!! You're all doing great and handeling family matters in a way that only a mom and dad could.... Tremendously!!!!! Stay strong cause you both have too, but know we are all there for you. God bless and we are saying good prayers for your strength, garys love and grace's kick ass strength. Love you guys
    Liz

    ReplyDelete