Saturday, August 13, 2011

Saturday am, 8/13/11 - 7:42 a.m.

I read Maxwell's obit in the s-times, and it has Grace's name wrong.  It says twin sister to Lucia Pacella, it's Grace Lucia.  It was hard to read the obit & understand it.  Does that make sense?

I went to bed at a fairly decent time, and I sleep good; except when I wake up I'm not sure where I am and why.  I think when we put Max to his final resting place, it'll feel more real for me.  I keep thinking Maxwell is just here with Gracie, perhaps in another room down the hall.  It's weird.  It's a weird feeling. 

I know we are not the first set of parents to lose a baby, it doesn't make it any easier.

Gracie is doing 'ok'.  Gary talked to the nurses last night, and she was having a few more 'apnea (sp?)' spells, they were thinking about putting her back on the ventillator.  This all is a part of her being a preemie.  Like I've said before, as her parents we certainly don't want to stress out about breathing.  We just pray she's okay.  There was no call in the middle of the night, so we are not sure what they ended up doing.  Gary will call this am, and then we'll head over there by 10:30ish. 

For me, another visiting nurse will come to change my incision wound.  But the good thing is I'm able to take a shower this am.

This whole journey is so surreal.  Maxwell is in Fairhaven now, and we are in Maine. Hmm..   very odd, that's how I feel.


Love,
pattie & gary, gracie & maxwell (in our hearts forever)

No comments:

Post a Comment