Sunday, August 14, 2011

Eyes Open Wide Sun. 8/14/11 8:57a.m.

Morning, everyone! Gary just called to check on Grace, and found out she opened her eyes this morning!! YEA, Gracie!! How exciting! We can't wait to get to the hospital to see her pretty little eyes.

Grace has been doing great.  She's on an intermittent blood pressure medicine, seems one of her vestricles in her heart is more thickened than the other, nothing they are concerned about, just have to keep an eye on it.  So, it causes her heart to pump a little harder, and put her blood pressure up a little.  So, the new bp meds helps control the blood pressure.  Besides that, she is doing well.

Today, her nurse, Margo, will show me how to give Grace a massage with some non scented lotion.  Her skin looks good, but is a little dry.  She no longer needs the blue light.  She is so precious.  Her long legs always are over her little mattress, like Daddy in a twin bed, I think Gracie's legs are too long for her little mattress.  LOL..something to laugh at.

I got the opportunity to talk to my niece, Emily & nephew, Ben this morning.  I haven't seen them in a month or so, and I miss them so much!!  Ben got a new "rory" racing car, and Emily was watching Barney make bubbles on tv.  I just feel sad that I haven't seen them in awhile.  For a time there, I was seeing them weekly.. I babysit them for a year & a half, twice a week.  Before the camping trip, we stopped by on our way to NH.. which was July 15th, soo I haven't seen them since then.  But even that visit, was just a quick 'hi', not a play date.  They are getting so big.  And they were both involved with my pregnancy, and Ben (age 3 1/2) would ask me how I was feeling, and how the babies were.  I miss them soo much!!  Ben told Theresa yesterday he wanted to see me and the babies today.  I just love & miss them.

Our nurse yesterday told us we need to have some 'normalcy' in our life after this week.  I know we do, I guess it's not healthy to just come to the hospital and sit for hours in Gracie's room.  But we don't feel like sight seeing in Portland.  We need to get thru this week here & at home; and then next week Gary needs to head home to work more, and I will go with him as well.  We just need to plan the week with work & some sort of balance for mental health.  (Coloring is theraputic, they say.. Ben & Emily, there are colored pictures coming in the mail for you!!)  Another Princess picture in Gracie's room.

Have a good day everyone! I'll try to check in tonight.
Thanks for all the thoughts & continued prayers!!

Love,
pattie & gary, gracie & maxwell (in our hearts forever)

--An angel with the book of life, wrote down my baby's birth & whispered as she closed the book, "too beautiful for earth."

No comments:

Post a Comment