Friday, August 19, 2011

Another day.. Friday 8/19/2011 @ 9:36pm

Yesterday's service went really well.  I think I just went thru the motions of the day.  It was such a heartbreak.  A good friend of Gary's read a poem to us as if Maxwell was reading it..it was beautiful!! He also had it framed for us.. just simply beautiful! Thank You, Dan!!

My sister, Theresa had a few words to say about meeting Maxwell & read something I had written on behalf of me & Gary..she too made me cry & spoke so eloquently.  It was a beautiful service, Thank you Pastor Brian.  It just was a day we never expected to have walked thru.  I know we are not the first parents to lose their infant baby, and won't be the last, but doesn't make it any easier.

We then went to an OB around here to check out my wound. Finally, got put on antibiotics.  My belly still hurts, but for sure it won't turn into an infection now.  I was so pissed sitting in waiting room, looking at other 'young'..very young mothers 8-9 months pregnant, no rings on their finger, & YES, I was judging them.  Why do their children get to live??  Not a good day to be in the OB office for sure.

Today, I thought we'd have a day of rest. NOT! My husband was great last night, in giving me tylenol, ibuprofren & other meds to get well rested..whereas my belly muscles are really hurting.  Today, we had errands to do, and I don't feel well rested.

We have decided to go back to Maine on Sunday morning.  Hoping to catch up with a freind there who is visiting; and of course an afternoon with Gracie.  We'll stay at the condo in NH Sunday to Monday, and then get back into the Ronald McDonald house Monday thru Wedesday.  Spending our days with Gracie.  Tomorrow will definitely be our day of rest.

Thanks everyone! I'll write more tomorrow..

Love,
pattie & gary, gracie & maxwell (in our hearts forever)

1 comment: