Saturday, August 6, 2011

Sat., 8/6 "It's a Poopy Day" - 7:14a.m.

Good morning, people! So, I haven't been out of Maine Medical Hospital in 16 days..wow. But I think tomorrow might be the big discharge day.. from there, I have a feeling will still be in Maine..but I'll update that tomorrow when we know more concrete information!

Well, I hate to start this topic again (I think i'm finding out it's a pregnant woman's only topic).. Pooping!  I know I have to go, I can feel it.  I'm having dreams about going, but I just can't seem to push it down.  And it's aggravating!  My first request from my nurses this morning at 6 a.m., was a shot of Milk of Magnesium. (A white, chaulky liquid that you just drink down like a shot, a relaxer laxative.. oohh soo yummy).  Followed by the same old scrambled eggs (that come in a bag, so you know they're not real), but today, after 27 weeks on not eating it, some bacon.. bacon bacon..(like that dog commercial..remember?).  So, hopefully the scrambled egg thing will help the poop sometime today.  It has to be today, I just know it.  And I'm drinking 4 oz of Cranberry Juice, that's gotta help right?

Geesh, since I've been here, I've had every stool softener and stomach pill to keep things going, but since given birth I guess the oxocodyne puts you right back into c-o-n-s-t-i-p-a-t-i-o-n mode... just where you came from!

Don't worry peeps.. I will be that fighter today.. I'm going to make it!

Sidebar:  Gracie is doing wonderful! She was born at 13" long.. wow.. she has Daddy's legs!!  Maxwell is having a harder time, his length was 12" long.. maybe my uterus decided it was labor day because I had more than 2 lbs in there & more than a 25" long baby.  Think about it! 

I appreciate everyone sending prayers & thoughts are way.  The last few days have been really emotional & hard with Maxwell's condition.  But Gary & I are together and we are emotionally together & just doing what we can.  We love them both so much!

A big thank you to the new community of people that we're meeting up here thru our Methodist Church in N.B.  Allan, pastor of a methodist church in Portland, came to visit yesterday & said a prayer with us & over the babies.  Brought me flowers & a prayer shawl.  I wear it when I go see Max & Gracie.  Lisa, from their community brought us chocolate chip cookies, and sat with us for awhile; assuring us they will be offering baked goods & dinners while we are staying at the Ronald McDonald House.  They are a godsent!  And in ths difficult time, we say "Thank you".  For those who know me really, well, you know how hard it is for me & Gary to ask for help.  (Gosh, even my OB up here is telling me that). Must be a portuguese pride thing!

For my friends & family at home, Thank you! What would I do without text messaging & emails!

I'll check in later.. I gotta try another push ... :)

Love,
pattie & gary, maxwell & gracie

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I have been following your posts on the bump. I noticed in your blog you recently mentioned a Methodist pastor named Allen, does he come from hope gate way methodist church by chance? If so, he married us and is a wonderful man.
    I am so sorry for the struggles you have been facing and I hope Grace continues to stay strong. On a side note, I was a 27 week preemie, 32 years ago and have done amazingly well. My daughter Grace is also a preemie and I am high risk with this 3rd pregnancy.
    You will be in my thoughts,
    Heather from Holden MA

    ReplyDelete