Monday, August 15, 2011

Back to Monday 8/15/11 @ 7:14p.m.

Hey, everyone! Back to work for most of you, because it's Monday.  We don't know what day it is here, everyday just seems to run into the next.  We do try to keep up on the date, though.  We do know that Wednesday the 17th, Grace will be 2 weeks old.  Time is flying already!

She is still doing great.  She now weighs 1 lb 11 oz; she had gone down to 1 lb. 6oz, so we are very happy with her gained weight.  We got to be there this morning for rounds.  All her #'s & stats look great.  They say she's tall & thin; but she's taking my milk at 1cc's every 3 hours.  As long as she keeps gaining weight, everything is great.

We got to sit with her today for a few hours.  I got to hold her, and gave her a massage with some Aveeno baby lotion.  Her skin is very dry, and she seemed to enjoy the massage.. she was opening up her eyes.

Daddy & I also read her some books.  We read the same books to her everyday, so we need to add to the book supply.

I'm feeling okay.  We drove to a Whole Foods in the area, and got some tea good for mother's milk.  I'm not a big tea drinker, but will try to drink this at least twice a day.  Also met with a lactaction consultant today, who thinks I should be getting more milk, if I was going to, than I am.  I'm pumping at least every two hours during the day, and getting some, but not 'pouring' out yet.  Everyone is telling me to relax, I've gone thru a huge amount of stress in the last two weeks.  I'm trying.  It's not that easy, though!

Today is billing day for Gary.. ugh! My closest friends know how annoying 'billing day' is normally.. soo you can just imagine.  But I have to be honest, he has been so great, that even the nurses have noticed & commented on how our love is really being shown daily.  Gary does everything for me.  From washing my pump bottles to getting me sips of water when I'm pumping.  He's doing the laundry, I mean really.. he's been wonderful. Thanks, honey!!

Gracie's nurse, Margo, is soo great! She has been with Gracie the last few days & again tomorrow.  It's comforting to have someone who's great with your baby.  We've only had one 'bad' nurse, but Gary got rid of her quick. :)

Well, I need to go chat with my mother in law & enter this billing :).

Thanks for reading & keeping us in your prayers!  We will be home/Fairhaven Tuesday late night.. then back in Maine on Saturday. 

Love,
pattie & gary, gracie & maxwell (in our hearts forever)

1 comment:

  1. oatmeal and fenugreek (which is in curry) may also help. make sure your drinking enough water too. you can do it pattie

    ReplyDelete