Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Maxwell Hathaway

I haven't written in a couple of days.  But a very good friend told me last night to make sure I bring LIFE into Maxwell's life.  I am saddened to tell my family & friends that Maxwell passed Sunday evening.  Maxwell was surronded by family, a special RN & friend, Sue; and his very special NICU doctor, Dr. Peter Marra; among other nurses that cared for him as well.

We were able to give Maxwell a bath, and comb his hair.  He was so precious to us.  He loved Mommy & Daddy holding him for so long.  For the first time, when he heard Daddy's voice, he opened up his eyes.  When Daddy talked to him, he had his eyes open just staring at the voice he has heard for the past 4 days.  He loved his Daddy!!  And Daddy & Mommy loves him so much!   He was our precious little boy; although we are angry and saddened at the small time frame we had with him, we feel blessed that we had him for that time.  Maxwell Hathaway was a gift from God, and in time, we will honor God's decision to take him to be an Angel.

I believe that Maxwell has seen his great grandmother, Mom (from my side); Grandma Lucia & Grandpa Francisco (G's grandparents); Mamie, and many others who have met him at the gates.

I know that you are in a better place, with no pain & you are able to laugh, and run around with other boys & girls.  There are many flowers, and fields, and you're already playing baseball, aren't you??

You have already shown you're great strength to Gracie!! We know that you will always be her Angel.  She had her first poop Sunday night. :) Yea, Gracie!  She is so strong.  She is doing so well.  She has taken some of my breast milk.  She is also our precious little girl; and what a fighter!  

Maxwell, we love you! We loved you the day we found out we were pregnant.  We will never forget you, we will always honor you.  Gracie will grow up knowing she had a younger twin brother.

To my family & friends:  Thank you for being here during this time.  We are in between Fairhaven & Maine for the next several weeks to months.  We are always looking for Maxwell's strength in our everyday goodnessess; and in everyday milestones with Gracie.  Please respect our time to mourn and grieve our little boy.  I will continue to update the blog, especially since it is very theraputic & a honor to write about my children.

Thanks again for everyone's continued prayers!

Love,
Pattie & Gary, Maxwell & Gracie
xo

7 comments:

  1. Pattie, my heart just breaks for you. What beautiful words you have shared about your darling son.We are praying for you .
    The Chagnons

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pattie -- I'm a fellow previous High-Risker and Preemie Twin Bump Mom, and I just wanted to let you know that my thoughts and prayers are with all of you... I can't imagine your grief at the loss of Maxwell and your happiness in the strides that Gracie is making.
    With a very heavy heart,
    Julie (September2007)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gary and Pattie,
    There are just no words. You are such wonderful parents to both Maxwell and Grace. Max will watch over the 3 of you with all the love he received in his life here and he will give you such strength. You will be in our thoughts and prayers. Liz Reynolds

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pattie and Gary,

    We are so sorry to have heard about Maxwell. Please try and find comfort in knowing God has something else for him to do. He will be watching over the three of you. Talk to him everyday, he will hear you and answer as well. Stay strong for Grace, she needs you now. Take care and post when you can. Jackie and Ed Fernandes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pattie, I am so very sorry. I will remember Maxwell in my prayers. I will also pray for you, Gary and Grace. Sending much love your way.
    Jennifer Mulcare

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so very sorry for the passing of Maxwell. I also have a baby in the NICU and being here has completely changed me...I still dont understand why this happens but I hope God picked us because he knows we can handle it. Your post was beautiful and your heart seems so full. Maxwell absolutely knows he was loved and IS loved...and he carries on in Gracie!! She is such a miracle!! Much love and prayers to you and your family during this difficult time xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pattie,
    Words cannot describe how very sorry I am for the loss of your precious Maxwell. Please know that I am keeping you, Gary and Gracie in my thoughts and prayers. Sending you a big, virtual hug.
    Erica

    ReplyDelete