Friday, August 12, 2011

Good morning, Friday! 8/12/11 7:48a.m.

I went to sleep early last night.  I'm having a bad start to Friday, a small setback I hope cures itself soon!  I went to get my staples removed from the incision yesterday, and I have a hematoma (part of the incision opened up).  So, they packed it in with gauze & put a huge piece of tape on my lower belly.  It leaks, it's oozing & I'm in pain taking tylenol every 4 hours.  I just can't believe even my body can't heal naturally from giving birth.  It seems like the "hits just keep on coming".  This isn't a pity party for me, but I do think I deserve one.

I'm just sad this morning.  I think the last week, or few weeks is really getting to me.  I've tried to be strong for myself, Gary & Gracie; and I just feel like I'm spinning.

Hopefully, visiting nurse should call this am, before 9:00a.m., or Gary is calling the doc's office & it won't be pretty.  The visiting nurse needs to see me everyday to change the gauze; then my good friend, & Gracie's godmother, Dalila will change it when I'm home next week.  Just another thing on top of everything else. 

Is God really listening? I spent the night praying.  I pray for our strength.  I thank God for all the prayers & thoughts that are being sent our way.  I pray for Gracie! I pray for Gary! I pray for our situation.  I hope he is listening, because it's starting to get hard.


Thanks again for all the heartfelt messages you send me.  I wish I could answer them all personally, but there is not enough time in the day.  Love to you all.

Love,
Pattie & Gary, Gracie & Maxwell (forever in our hearts)

1 comment:

  1. Pattie -- the picture you posted is beautiful! Please don't beat yourself up for the stuff that you have no control over! As hard as it is, you still need to focus on your health and recovery, so you can be ready for Gracie to join you all at home. And, pumping is exhausting -- reward yourself for all that you've already accomplished!

    Please know that I continue to think of you! Take care of you, Gary, your precious Gracie -- I'm sure Maxwell is watching over you all, as a very special guardian angel.

    Lots of Love being sent your way,
    Julie (aka September2007)

    ReplyDelete