Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Home again.. but.. Tuesday eve 9:05pm 8/16

So, we our home, in Fairhaven; but even just for a few days the home that we've had together for 3 years, I for 6, doesn't feel right to me.  I've gotten emails from people whom have been thru some part of my situation, usually their baby is in NICU while they go home, and they've told me how tough that is.  But for us, it's a baby in NICU & a baby we have to bury in a couple of days.  Our home, was suppossed to be for four of us in October, and now it's just two of us, we're not pregnant anymore, and we have only one baby coming home eventually.  It saddens me to be here.

On a good note, our dear friend Linda brought over macaroni & cheese for dinner and brownies for dessert.  A home made meal is just what we needed.  I know this is our home, and we have to make the best of our situation.  We do have Gracie to think about and we left her in good hands doing really well.  When we get back on Saturday, she'll look bigger than she did for us today.

I guess I'm just sad.  I knew this time being home would be tough on us, just not sure I realized how much.


Thanks for reading! Thanks to my close friends who make it easier to come home.  Love you guys!!

Love,
pattie & gary, gracie & maxwell (in our hearts forever)

1 comment:

  1. It is totally understandable and natural to be sad and depressed when you lose a child.

    Let yourself grieve. You can do that now, you have this precious time before Gracie comes home and you have to be mommy as well as coping with your loss.

    ReplyDelete