Thursday, December 22, 2011

Happy Birthday to me! 10:15pm

Hello..readers! Yes, Happy Birthday to Me! What a GREAT day!

I always consider my "new year" plans on my birthday, vs. on the last day of the year.  So, last night I started to think of all the nice people (some I know, most I don't) that have been so kind to my family & I in the last six months.  And all my good friends, and my family who have been and shown more support to us in the last few months, than ever before.. and in my 'new year' plan for myself.. I just want to
"pay it forward". 
And I hope God willing, I can do that.
It is my feeling and hope that someone will read this & it will bring them hope in their own situation.  I hope in this next year of my life, I can be the best mom to Grace.  The best wife to Gary, and the best friend to all of you who have really been my best friend.
I hope, whenever I can, to pay it forward. 
Whether it's kindness, a thought, a word, a hug, a cry, or a shoulder.. I hope I can be there for you!  And everyone else.

The experience that I have had in the last few months, has humbled me.  The direct and indirect kindness of people have really sparked something in me.  People have made me speechless at times; and made me cry (more than Gracie does!! lol).

Today, is no different.. after humming & hawing, I went for my pedicure & the salon owner (friend of mine), paid for my pedicure!  Thank you, Nicole!

We took Grace for a visit to Vevo & Vevo's house, and they gave us a gift card for groceries.  It just came at the right time, and was very unexpected.  My parents have been a Godsent to us in the last few months, I hope they know how much we appreciate them.

My very good friend, Paula, babysat Gracie while Gary & I went to Pasta House for dinner; and then got some grocery shopping done.  Thank You, Paula.


The best time today, was walking down the street pushing Grace in a stroller around 4pm..it was 56 degrees out, the view of the beach in front of so beautiful,
and the feeling of 'surreal' for Gary & I..as we watched Gracie just enjoy being outdoors.   Pushing a baby in a stroller and going for a walk is something we've always talked about..and today we got to do it..with our baby!!  What a beautiful present that was!!



Our friend, Linda stopped by and held Grace for a little bit..






Awee..  Thanks for the champagne, Linda! :)




Tomorrow is a regular pediatrician appointment.. with a weight! I'll keep you all posted..I'm going to guess 7lbs. 16oz.. but we'll see!!

Hope the beautiful weather sticks around.. I don't need no 'stinkin' snow! :)
And my baby & I can do a walk a day!!


Well, this girl gets the right side of the bed tonight.. Daddy's going to do the wake up diaper changes.. Yea! Think I might get suckered into at least one.. but that's okay.. these are the days we've been hoping for.. for years!!



Thank YOU all.. for the wonderful birthday wishes..
I had a wonderful day!!




Love,
pattie & gary & Gracie & maxwell

11:14pm..P.S.  I just remembered, I was in CVS/Fhvn today & this lady asked if I was Gracie's mom.. she introduced herself and said she'd be following my blog & Grace's progress..and was happy to hear she was home.  Thanks!! Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment