Monday, December 5, 2011

Good-bye Maine! 4:36a.m.

Good morning.. a little early, but still from Portland, ME.
After 125 days, the next chapter will begin.. HOME!!  I haven't slept much (getting ready for that) tonight..I've been up almost every hour..maybe feelings of anxiousness to get her, readiness to bring her home & nervousness to have her home.  I'm feeling slightly emotional too!

I woke up at 4:14 (paladrome!) with this thought:

 Tears of joy & sadness may be shed
Today our daughter is going home at 6lbs. 12oz.
Enough said!

Chubby Cheeks!!

I was thinking that there were many nights here at the RmcD house that I cried & stayed awake thru the night praying.. "Please God let her be ok".
Tonight, I prayed:
 "Thank you God.. Thank you God.. for letting her be who she is to be so strong to come home with us finally.  Thank you for getting her strong so we can take her home, give us strength to get thru the days knowing we had our beloved son for at least four days."

We will always have Maxwell's memory in Maine, and in our hearts.  Maine will always hold special meaning.. and after all is said & done.. it's truly a story for Grace to know growing up.  She has been an amazing little girl already.. can you imagine what she is destined for?? She has been a fighter since the beginning.  As a mom, now, I'm sorry for 1/2 the stuff she has had to go thru..but look at her.. she has been gaining weight, eating by a bottle, and is doing incredibly well.  A true miracle.  A true blessing.

Special thanks to all of you who read my blog everyday!! I will continue to update it & post pictures.. as everyday there will be a new change, I am sure!!

Thanks to my email friends, whom I've never met.. Julie R. & Nichole T. .. they've been chatting with me since I was on bedrest, July 21st!!

Thanks to my friends in Fairhaven.. Heather & the family..who went grocery shopping for me yesterday, among many many other things..   Paula & Peter.. for cleaning for us, laundry & even cooking!!  Linda & Don, who unfort, have had the duty of mail intake weekly & garbage day!

For all the prayers we've received for both Grace & Max.
For Dalila that has always given me a shoulder to cry on.
For Theresa that has only always spoken the truth.

For my Mom & Dad.. who sometimes don't get enough credit.. Gary & I love you!
And for Grandpa & Grandma Noni in NY.. with cookies, k-cups & lots of pink onesies.. Thank you!!

I know there are so many others.. because we are truly blessed with friends & family.
My grade school buddy, Wendy.. Thank you!
My long lost walking buddy.. thanks for reading daily :).



We did it, because we HAD to.. but we love you because you didn't have to, but you did!




I'll post later with pictures of Gracie going home!!

Good-bye Maine!
love,
pattie & gary, Gracie & max

No comments:

Post a Comment