Monday, April 30, 2012

Happy SIX months, baby!! 9:57pm

Happy six months, Gracie!! Six months (corrected.. meaning her age had she been born on her due date of 10/30).. I didn't ask for a premature baby, but I'm blessed, WE are blessed to have her in our lives!!  Alot of times, too many parents take for granted that their babies come out at 'term'.. there are so many reasons why a premature baby
comes out early.. alot of the reasons are never identified.
1 out of 5 babies are born prematurely!
All sizes & shapes of women have premature babies...
and no TWO pregnancies are the same. 

I was seen every two weeks by my ob..and on all accounts my pregnancy went well.
I'm just saying...



Anyway.. Grace is doing great.. she's sleeping alot.. I can't wait to see a tooth pop up, as I'm sure she can't wait for it to come up too!!  She loves looking at her hands
and eating them!! :)


We had some drama last week with the visiting nurse organization that comes in.  Not the nurse, herself..she actually had agreed with us that we no longer needed services.  The only thing they would do is vitals & weight.  Grace is still being seen by her Hasbro doctor regarding the g-tube on a weekly basis & he is taking her weight as well.  Her 02 is wonderful.. we've even returned most of her oxygen tanks.  The rest will go next week, for sure!  To look at her, you would never think that she had just spent 18 days in the hospital.. she is growing & thriving.  Smiling & crying!!
Love you baby..soo much!!



G'night all..
Thanks for reading & keeping up to date!



Love,
pattie & gary, Gracie & max

p.s. And I don't know why Max passed.. I know women who have had premature twins, that both have made it..and I know women who have lost one twin.  I'm sad when I think about 'how' it happened. And I don't understand it.  But someday I will.
I just won't be able to tell you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment