Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Day 10 & 11 Update. 11:34a.m.

Memories.. I'm writing this from Gracie's bedside.  She is sleeping..
sitting up in her purple chair.  When I came in this morning, she was wide eyed & looking at her hanging toys..
Yes, she has a little 02 on
(some people are more ..the word is eluding me..PROACTIVE.. that's the word)
Some are more proactive than others to wean her.. but she is only on 1/10 of 02.
And yes, that's the pesky little NJ tube (the yellow) one..which they couldn't
get in the right place..so she's heading down to radiology at 1:30 to put it under radiology).


Yesterday, a complaint to the Social Worker, got us more communication on a daily basis.. we now have a contact person & will get the information due to us daily..
We try to be here for rounds & unfort, with traffic or other.. we get here to late.
Today, I was here at 9:30, and I still had missed rounds.


Great news yesterday:  The EEG came back fine..no issues with the brain wave.  They, did however, burn her forehead (that's that mark you see in the pic) with one of the electrolodes (sp?).  Geesh!! But Thank God & the prayers everything looks good!
We haven't heard back from cardio as of yet, about the 24 hour haltar.. I'm sure someone may stop by today.

Here's another picture from this morning!  She is definitely looking more like herself!! She is now sleeping!


Plan for today: Pedi surgeons will be here to change the dressing for the gtube.
Radiology for the NJ tube.. and then start feedings tonight.
I'm here by myself.. which is okay! Daddy will bring Vevo & Vevoo at 3pm.. we'll hang til 5:30ish.  We've been going to my mom's house this week for 'week of prayer with the Holy Ghost crown'.. we say the rosary for a week.. I am committed to go nightly, maybe not tomorrow because Auntie Heather might be coming to visit Gracie.

Yesterday, I got to meet Katie.. a preemie MOM from my preemie mom board.
It was soo nice that she was here & talking to someone who truly 'gets it'..
The women on our board are wonderful.. we can talk about anything.. mostly mom to a preemie related.  Thanks for the visit Katie!!


Big doings about this hospital giving Grace her sixth Synergis shot..
"always something"



I pray we can go home soon!!
Last night, I was telling Gary..I don't even feel like a real Mom!!





Thanks for the prayers,
pattie & gary, Gracie & max


No comments:

Post a Comment