Friday, February 10, 2012

1 Year Ago Today... 10:59 a.m.

Maybe some of you have figured it out before today..but I felt that I had to write about the most important day of my life.. that happened a YEAR ago today..

Two of these four embryos would implant & become our twins!


Yes, we had IVF! It was a pretty rough road for us.  After trying to conceive on our own for two years, we decided to go to a Reproductive Endocrinologist.
After 4 'fresh' IVF cycles, which we had frozen embryos from each cycle..
and one miscarriage in Dec. 2010.  We decided not to tell our family, and have a frozen embryo transfer (FET) on 2/10/11...
let the emotional rollercoaster begin!!



But a year later, with many ups & downs..we have our healthy baby girl..
boy what a difference a year makes.  I did have a healthy pregnancy, by all accounts..
 I was just meant to have two preemie babies.. one to become an angel in heaven & one on earth.

Many women feel that if they can't get pregnant naturally then God doesn't want them to have children.  I believe, as someone once said to me,
"God is leading you down this path.. the IVF path.. he wouldn't be leading you down this path, if it was your destiny to not have children."
Thanks Tammy for saying that to me!! I remember that often!
God chose me to give birth to the baby boy who would spend his life with him.
He also chose me to have the angel of Grace here on earth with us!!

Wearing her favorite flannel "gown".. Thanks Noni!!


As of this week, Gracie weighs 10lbs. 8.5oz!!
She is doing a great job with her OT tracking her head & eyes side to side
and moving her head left to right. 
She sleeps at least 6-8 hours straight at nighttime..only wakes for a diaper change.
She's smiling more.
She giggles a little..and has a 'fake' cry!!
She is doing better on tummy time!


Thanks to all the nurses, staff & Doc's at Boston IVF..
they made our dream of being parents a reality!!


I'm not embarrassed by having IVF.. I'm proud!
Infertility is a true problem among soo many women and men.
It should be spoken about more often!!

I hope you'll join me on my journey in the next few weeks as I remember what my feelings were a year ago...as I was waiting to see that + sign on a 'pee stick'.




Thanks for reading!!
Love,
pattie & gary, Gracie & max

No comments:

Post a Comment