Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Happy Birthday Ma!!

Grace & I had my mother over for her birthday lunch today!! She was served
Salmon on the grill with couscous! Very good.. I had a small bite..but then had a salad!

My sister & niece, Emily & nephew, Ben came over too..
they hadn't seen Grace in over 6 weeks (it's summer!!)..
so it was there first time seeing her with her helmet.. Emily (2) wanted to know
if Grace was going to be a baseball player, because she was wearing a helmet.  And Benjamin wanted to take it off, because he wanted to see her head!! :)
They are soo great with Gracie!!


My mom with the help of Ben & Em blowing out her candles.  She's 72!


Definitely seeing my niece & nephew were highlights of my day... I love them so!!
I also wish my sister and I could've talked more.. it's tough to do when you're involved with the children.  We'll need to plan a dinner out!

My second highlight was receiving my "Elfster" package from my preemie pen pal group friend, Krista & her twins.. Grace got 2 new toys..and I got a great lighthouse book & a pad for 'grocery list'.. Thanks Krista, Coltonpants & Keltie!!
(don't mind the picture, not sure why it won't straighten out for me!! :(
One good thing is us preemie moms have a 'club'.. we wouldn't want you to be in it, but we are glad we have each other for sure!!  Every few months or so, we have an Elfster Preemie Pal gift exchange.. it's the best! And we look forward to receiving mail!!


Early this am, we had thunderstorms..then again this afternoon.. a view from our porch.. the rain was coming down in sheets!! It was serene! 
 I LOVE rainstorms, thunder & lightning storms too!!



And then of course.. my big, little girl.. who always puts a smile on my face:
Love you Gracie!!





My new dessert:  Vanilla non fat yogurt, layered with strawberries & topped with Granola!  Healthy eating!!







Thanks for reading!
Love,
pattie & gary, Gracie & maxwell


No comments:

Post a Comment