Sunday, July 31, 2011

Miss Friendly Volunteer

So, last Sunday, 3 days in..we met Vicki (The Friendly Volunteer).  What a hoot!! She knocks on the door, and in a high pitched voice says, "Can I come in?" We say sure.. (anyone can come in).  She proceeds to tell us she is the "Friendly volunteer"; not her name, just the 'friendly volunteer'.. so I say, "Hi, friendly volunteer".. she laughs this little giggle.  Eventually she tells us her name is Vicki.  She's probably late 60's, early 70's.  First thing she asks me is if i want to color? Which i look at her a little odd & then say 'no thank you'.  She did leave me 2 bibs to cross stitch & a notepad & cards.

Well, today.. Miss Friendly Volunteer came knocking & asked again if i wanted coloring books & crayons..and i said YES.. LOL :).  I colored a picture for both Emily & Ben.. (hopefully they'll post below).

Miss friendly volunteer just stayed a minute! She's funny!!

No comments:

Post a Comment