Saturday, January 7, 2012

Quick update from Boston. 9:46pm

I need a different color..

We had a good day with Gracie today.   As good as you can get it when your in a hospital so soon after being home only 30 days.. (I know, it can be worse)..
Her feeding schedule got messed up.. I don't know how..but leave it to people who don't pay attention when I tell them what it is!  Hopefully by 5 tonight, when I led her feed, the rest of the night will go smoother.

Gracie was great today with us.. I think glad to see us, but wondering what the heck was going on.  Her g-tube area looks sooo GREAT.. it's less red than it has ever been.
For those who saw her in the last month, it was NOT suppossed to be as red as it was.. and part of me feels guilty (or dumb!) that I didn't even know it was NOT suppossed to look like that.  Geesh, Maine sent us home with it red..saying it was a contact dermatitis.. but it was infected way back then.

The good thing is we are at the best hospital in the area..
& the redness is clearly going away!!  The plan is another round of IV antibiotics tonight into tomorrow, and then she can go home tomorrow on antibiotics by mouth.
Gary & I will be glad to get her home!!!


I could get on my "soapbox" about healthcare & a whole lot of different issues.. but I'm trying to make this quick..need to hit the hay.. we are up very early tomorrow to get to the hospital early.


Thanks for all the support!
Thanks to Paula & Peter.. for EVERYTHING!! Love you guys!!

A big HUG to Nichole for the Neocate.. what a relief!
I'm just sorry we still haven't met!






Love you guys,
pattie & gary, Gracie & max

1 comment:

  1. Prayers for you all and Gracie. Glad she is being well cared for. Peace to you.

    ReplyDelete