Monday, November 19, 2012

Grace's 15 mo. appointment! 9:50pm

Today was a good day all around.
My mom is finally home from the hospital after 10 days..
and Grace had a great wellness check at her 15 month pedi appointment.
 
Her weight (with their scale) is 17 lbs. 15oz!
Her pedi is happy with the weight..but agrees that her pediasure should
be cut a little..probably by end of the month when we see nutrition & her pedi surgeon.
The nurse (very flimsy) took her height at 26 1/4"..
we are not so sure about that.
 
She got 3 shots..her 2nd flu & her 15 mo. vaccinations.
She's on the growth chart for weight, and just under for height.
She showed her pedi that she can roll from her belly to her back & then back
again.. on those very narrow tables.
 
 here's my big girl.. & with Daddy reading a book!!
 




I learned a new recipe about two weeks ago.  My cousin, Ayse sent me a recipe for "Baklava" a greek & lebanese dessert.  Then my friend, Beth gave me a lesson how how to work with the phyllo (it can get very dry, and it's so paper thin..very delicate).  I had all the ingredients to make the recipe & with all that has happened in the last week.. finally got to make it yesterday (Sunday).  This is the finish product!  It takes good.. I really need to get some cans & give some away for the holidays.. I can not eat more than 2 more pieces.  It's a very rich, sweet (sugar & butter) dessert.  But it is delicious!  Gary helped too.
We do enjoy making holiday cookies as well.
 
 
 
Tomorrow is a big day for Grace as well.. we are heading down the Cape
for a feeding team evaluation.  I'm excited to see what they can do to help us start Grace on solids & we bought a new 'cup' for her to try vs. the bottle.
Wish us luck!
 
 
 
 
I again, heard of someone that I know that has recently & suddenly passed away.
She is my age..maybe a year younger.. my heart goes out to her family, husband, children.extended family.  Sad!  So much death lately.. :(
 
 
 
 
Happy Birthday Daddy!! Today is REALLY his birthday!!
 
 
 
 
Thanks for reading!
pattie, gary & Gracie & max


No comments:

Post a Comment