Friday, February 15, 2013

I love a tubie!! 8:34pm


Grace L. Pacella is a tubie baby & even when the tubie is gone..
she'll still be a tubie baby.
 
This past week, was Tube Feeding Awareness week.
My mother in law, just told me that her sister sent her an article on
g-tube babies..and asked if it was okay to send to me.
Sure.
I enjoy reading about other tubie babies..what helped, and how
they are doing.
 
That's why I bring your attention to my friend, Melissa..
who's daughter Addison (turned 2 yesterday!!), and has a tubie
since birth, just had it out as in January..as she is eating enough by mouth.
When I asked Melissa if she thought six months ago, that Addy would have
her tube out by her 2nd birthday, she honestly said, "no".. that Addison
wasn't eating enough to count as anything.
And that's Grace.. she is certainly Tasting, smelling, and picking up food
trying to self feed.. she's in 'training'..
but we are confident that she'll get to that place where she, too will have
her tubie out!!
 
 
 
Here's Melissa's blog, if you want to read about her beloved, Addison
& her twin brother Blake..
 
 
 
Melissa, thanks for all your encouragement to me & supporting me
from the beginning with Grace & her feeding!!
And Congratulations Addison, we are so PROUD of you!!
 
 

My big girl from today sitting in her Princess chair..
Look how good she is doing sitting in that chair..
sitting up straight, playing ball with dada & mama..
 
 
 
 
 
Thanks for reading and keeping up with Grace's progress!!
 
 
Love,
pattie & gary, Gracie & maxwell

1 comment:

  1. Oh gosh Pattie you are so sweet! Thank you so much for your kind words. You are so wonderful with Grace and I know what she will get there one day at a time. Love!

    ReplyDelete