Sunday, February 3, 2013

Eighteen Months! 7:07pm

I can't believe Grace is 18 months today!
I've been hesitant, lately when people ask how old she is..
not because I don't want to answer them, one is I honestly forget! I mean..
as someone once said to me,
'why do people say their ages in months? why not just say 'one".. 
but then secondly is because I don't want to give her 'actual age' & have to
hear.. (big sigh).."Wow, she's small."
It's a conversation I brought up to my Preemie Mom friends..
and most said they give the actual age..and if people say something rude, they
say something 'snappy' back.. and clearly I don't want to be as rude & say something
snappy back.
 
 
Buy you know what.. Grace has come along way in 18 months..
and as my preemie mom friend, Renee said..
She deserves to be 18 months old!!
 
And here she is..
as of Friday, she was 18 lbs. 9 oz..
still in a size 3 diaper.
 
She wears 9-12 month clothes..
Still loves music..
I sing to her & she CLAPS for me!! :)
She is soo strong..she can throw her toys, when she doesn't want them, across the room.  She's a very, happy baby..(she'll always be our 'baby')
She's the love of our lives!!
 
Six more months & she'll be 2! Better start thinking of her birthday party!!
(LOL)
 
Thank God, she hasn't had a sick visit for months..
no sickness this winter.. and hopefully not thru winter.
We are heading to NH in a few weeks, and excited to be away with her.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Eighteen months old!
Means 18 months without Maxwell..
there isn't a day that goes by, that we don't think of him..
think of what he'd be doing with Grace right now...
We love you, Maxwell Hathaway!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Thanks for keeping up with our story!
 
Love,
pattie & gary, Grace & Maxwell


1 comment:

  1. Haha, I tried to start planning a birthday party right after the first one. Guess what? Somewhere right before two they start getting OPINIONS. Sigh. Yay for Grace! and to you both as parents. Maxwell, I'm sorry I never got to know you but I feel like I do and your memory lives on forever <3

    ReplyDelete