Thursday, April 3, 2014

ONE of the biggest days, has arrived...

And we couldn't be prouder!!!
(even just a teary-eyed!)
 
 
Here she is ... when we got to School "Toddler Class"
 

  Waiting for the teacher to come & get her..

And afterward.. "I'm tired Mommy!"
 
 
Today was Grace's first day in Toddler Class.. 9-11 a.m. at her Early Intervention
program.. she'll go once a week til August.
 
And she did great!! I got to take her in and she looked around the room with bright eyes, wondering where she was.  A teacher's aide came up to her, and she immediately put out her arms for her to take her..they went on the carpet to play, there
she got a little boo boo lip & put her out arms for me..but I told the teacher I was going to be in the waiting room.  I wanted her to have fun without me being there.. and she's usually great with a sitter, so I wasn't very worried.
 
I got to "spy" on her a little through a window... Her speech therapist was there
for her weekly visit, and she told me later that Grace did GREAT!!
She was communicative with her new friends by waving to them.
She sat up by herself during 'song' circle time.
She painted! Another first.. Amy (Speech) told me that she was using the brush,
then threw it on the floor & got her hands all messy with paint loving it.
 
I happen to be spying when they were finishing up painting..
and saw her pinch the teacher.. Oh My! I chuckled a little but a habit we need
to nip in the bud.  The teacher laughed it off and just played with her.
 
WOW.. 1 day a week in school..getting ready for 4 days a week in the Fall.
I was soo teary eyed when I saw her playing on the floor..
like it was no big deal.
 
Grace has come soo far!! At 11a.m., they brought her out to me..
she signed 'daddy' & 'mommy'.. smiled as I took her back.
Teacher said, she's such a happy child.. smiling the whole class.
 
I'm soo proud of her!! And I know Dada is too!
 
Thanks again to all our faithful readers.. I know you, too, share in
our awesome milestone!!!!
 
 
love,
pattie & gary, Grace & maxwell


No comments:

Post a Comment